Interested in volunteering with us? Here’s what to expect.
Thank you for wanting to donate your time and give back to your local neighbors in need of critical home repairs. AHIP began as a grassroots volunteer effort, and volunteers remain integral to AHIP’s impact on the community.
Due to the pandemic and reduced staff capacity to manage volunteer groups, we have had to modify our volunteer program:
- We are only able to accommodate five or fewer volunteers at any given time
- We estimate being able to host one to two volunteer groups each month
Requirements for AHIP volunteers include the following:
- Masks/face coverings while onsite
- Physical distancing of six feet when possible
- Liability waiver (standard and COVID-related), informed consent, and health questionnaire/temperature check (before starting your shift)
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes
- Water, bug spray, and sunscreen
- Work gloves
- Adherence to AHIP safety rules and infection-control protocols
What AHIP provides:
- Necessary skills and safety training for the day’s tasks
- Necessary tools and materials
- Disposable face masks if needed and hand sanitizer
Please complete the volunteer interest form below to tell us more about you or your group.