AHIP currently is hiring for the following position. AHIP offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a 40-hour workweek, no weekends required, health and dental insurance, and 12 paid holidays off a year including your birthday.
Job Title: Carpenter
General Definition of Work
The Carpenter is responsible for the efficient implementation of construction tasks assigned by the Crew Leader.
- Performs construction tasks assigned by the Crew Leader
- Assist Crew Leader with the ordering and purchasing of construction materials
- Performs the duties of the Crew Leader in the Crew Leader’s absence
– assignment/supervision of construction tasks of others and self
– ensuring quality of all aspects of construction work
- Assists Crew Leader in the training and coordination of volunteers
- Assist Crew Leader in ensuring AHIP Safety Policies are followed
- Assist Crew Leader in ensuring AHIP vehicles, tools and equipment are cared for and used appropriately
- Performs additional tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of, and ability to implement and perform complex construction activities
- General knowledge of all phases of renovation and remodeling, including roofing
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Hold a valid Virginia driver’s license and ability to drive a manual transmission, as required
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and a minimum of three years of construction experience.
Physical Condition and Nature of Work Contacts
Work is approximately 95 percent on job sites and 5 percent in an office. Occasional travel to training/conference sites for lead base paint training will be required. Lifting of equipment and material of up to 75 pounds is necessary. Regular personal contacts with clients as well as with representatives of federal, state, and local agencies will be required. All contacts require tact, diplomacy and discretionary judgment.
Contact the AHIP office with questions, 434.817.2447 x21 or email.