AHIP offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a 40-hour workweek, no weekends required, health and dental insurance, and 12 paid holidays off a year, including your birthday.
AHIP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Director of Development leads and implements all resource development efforts, responsible for aligning fundraising with programmatic goals and marketing activities, engaging with current and prospective donors, and developing and implementing fundraising campaigns and initiatives. His or her scope encompasses overseeing individual and corporate gifts, sponsorships, in-kind support, annual giving, planned giving, community partnerships, and events. The Director of Development manages the Development Manager and works collaboratively with the Executive Director and program staff. If you are an enthusiastic and experienced development professional committed to our mission and who thrives in a collaborative work environment, we encourage you to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develops and oversees implementation of AHIP’s annual development plan
- Leads major donor efforts of the organization, identifying prospective individual and institutional prospects and developing strategies to cultivate and sustain philanthropic partnerships
- Conducts research on donors, foundations, and grant opportunities. Works with Executive Director and program staff to strategize approach and set priorities. Ensures applications and reports are complete and submitted on time.
- Develops and coordinates communications and marketing strategies with development manager and oversees implementation
- Works in partnership with Director of Programs to align programmatic partnerships and volunteer groups with fundraising strategy in order to build organizational capacity and increase giving
- Works with Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify and cultivate new Board members
- Builds and manages relationships with local leaders, partners, and stakeholders
- Ensures data integrity, effectively utilizes fundraising database, and improves data services
- Staffs the Development Committee (members are board members and outside supporters)
- Represents AHIP in the community by giving presentations, leading tours, attending functions, and interacting with the media
- Tracks community events, awareness-raising/media opportunities, and partnership opportunities
- Offers creative and active leadership for the organization at large
Bachelor’s degree required as well as a minimum of 5 years in development.
Salary: $70,000 / commensurate with experience
Company benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; Simple IRA retirement plan; accumulated PTO hours to use for vacation or sick leave; and twelve paid holidays off per year, including your birthday. Interested in applying or have questions? Call the AHIP office at (434) 817-2447 ext. 34 for Laurie Southworth, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through November 18, 2022.
AHIP is looking to hire a full-time crew leader who will be responsible for the quality and quantity of rehabilitation jobs performed. The Crew Leader is the lead carpenter and performs daily work tasks with a crew. The Crew Leader directly supervises the carpentry staff. The Crew Leader should have knowledge of local, state, and HUD building standards, as well as general knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and sanitary waste disposal systems. The Crew Leader must be able to implement and perform complex construction activities. Valid Virginia driver’s license required. Forty hours per week, no weekends required. Competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 12 paid holidays off per year, including your birthday. Contact George Herring in the AHIP office to apply or with questions: 434-817-2447 x34, or email email@example.com.
AHIP is looking to hire a full-time carpenter with minimum of three years of construction experience for residential remodeling and renovation jobs. The Carpenter is responsible for the efficient implementation of construction tasks assigned by the Crew Leader. General knowledge of all phases of renovation and remodeling, including roofing, is required, as well as a valid Virginia driver’s license. Forty hours per week, no weekends required, competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 12 paid holidays off a year including your birthday. Contact George Herring in the AHIP office with questions, 434.817.2447 x34, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHIP is looking to hire a construction helper/apprentice. Duties will include helping with carpentry, electrical, and plumbing work. No experience necessary. Must be motivated and willing to work in attics and crawlspaces.
Work hours are M-Th from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., off on Fridays. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. Training in lead safe work practices will be provided. Work is approximately 95% on job sites and 5% in an office.
Lifting of equipment and materials up to 50 pounds is necessary. Regular personal contact with clients, as well as with representatives of federal, state, and local agencies may be required. All contacts require tact, diplomacy, and discretionary judgment.
Company benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; Simple IRA retirement plan; accumulated PTO hours to use for vacation or sick leave; and twelve paid holidays off per year, including your birthday. Interested in applying or have questions? Call the AHIP office at (434) 817-2447 ext. 34 for George Herring, or email email@example.com.
AHIP is looking to hire an experienced plumber for residential remodeling and renovation jobs in the local area. Work hours are Monday – Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., off on Fridays.
A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required. Training in lead-safe work practices will be provided.
Work is approximately 95 percent on job sites and 5 percent in an office setting. Lifting of equipment and materials up to 50 pounds is necessary. Regular personal contact with clients, as well as with representatives of federal, state, and local agencies, may be required. All contacts require professionalism, diplomacy, courtesy, and discretionary judgment.
Full-time position with company benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a simple IRA plan, accumulated PTO, and 12 paid holidays off per year, including your birthday. To apply, please contact George Herring, Construction Supervisor, in the AHIP office at (434) 817-2447 ext. 34 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.