Park’s Edge Apartments
For years, the property formerly known as “Whitewood Village” suffered from severe neglect and mismanagement. AHIP bought the property in 2004 with a commitment to excellence and long-term affordability for low-income residents.
The property, once a headache for residents and neighbors alike, is now valued by the community and a value to the community. Park’s Edge not only meets the profound local need for low-cost rental housing, it sets out to build community cohesiveness and resident well-being through a year-round offering of wraparound programs, services and community partnerships.
- 96 apartments, with a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom units
- 3 units accessible for disabled residents
- A 2,400-square-foot community center, with classrooms, meeting space, and a computer lab
- An active Resident Association that holds fundraisers for youth programs and community gatherings
- Park’s Edge After School, a partnership with the Piedmont Family YMCA
- Summer@Park’s Edge, an eight-week, full-day summer camp, a partnership with the YMCA, community members and resident volunteers
- More than a dozen community partners, from Albemarle County Department of Adult Education to the Center for Youth and Family Services
Download (pdf) >
Important: There is a $25 non-refundable application fee per household. Please ask questions before submitting the application!